Monday, July 21, 2008

Nuestros primer dia de clase





_Our first day of class_


Today is Monday and we just finished our first day of learning. Wow, are we exhasted. It takes sooooooo much effort and energy to speak, and especially think, in another language. Jesse's teacher is a man named Manuel, and Cass' teacher is a lady named Sylvia. They are both very nice. Although we thought that we were pretty good at Spanish, we tested beginner, especially me -Cass-. It is a little discouraging to be taught things that I have learned multiple times, but I need to get rid of my pride and believe that the teacher knows what she is doing. It is good practice just to be speaking in Spanish I guess. Que mas, que mas. . . we found a mall, acctually 3 of them, all sort of in walking distance from our home or school, -We walk a lot, at least an hour per day, this city is very big. Bigger than we expected. We also found 2 movie theaters, we might go see Handkock one day...


Our family is still wonderful. We played soccer with thier grandchildren this morning. They are young, but are very good. I was completely ou
t of breath at 9,300 ft. My excuse was the altitude and less oxygen!!


Okay, we'll attempt more pictures... Love you all, and miss you --I'm a little homesick already, hopefully it passes--


The pictures with us in them are in "Old Town" Quito-the historical part. We had to take a trolle to get there. The whole experience was fun!! The one in the middle is a picture of Quito from the plane.
The two photos on the outside were taken in El Parque Metropolitonina, a HUGE park were there were tons of people walking, riding bikes, running, families having picnics. . .we really like it, the man in the picture is Marco, our Ecuadorian papa. The photo in the middle is of me with four of the many grandchildren. This picture was taken this morning during a futbol -soccer- break!!
Okay that's all for now, we don't have a phone that works yet, so we haven't called, Mom's and Dad's we hope to call soonish.
Nothin but love

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh I love it!! Wow that is a huge city. I really can't believe it is that big. It looks so beautiful, all the architecture! Wow! The kids look like they are having fun with you! So glad that you are doing so well! Don't get too homesick. :-( We are thinking and praying for you! I come everyday to see if you have written or sent any pictures. We leave for Trinity on Friday so hopefully I will see a few more blogs before then! We love you!
Love, Jill and Family

Anonymous said...

Dear Auntie Cass and Uncle Jesse,
I wanted to say Hi to you! When I saw the pictures I liked the kids and the grandpa! The llama was pretty funny! What was your favorite food that you ate there? I miss you!
Love, Brooke