Friday, August 8, 2008

Random updates, facts, pictures, etc.


There´s flower stands EVERYWHERE, and the flowers are soooo cheap, like a dozen roses for 2 dolars, and they´re pretty roses too!!

This picture is for Brooke.
This is a guanabana fruit and I am holding a cup of FRESH guanabana juice. The lady with me is Nancy. Whe owns the juice shop, it´s all sooo good and fresh!! The blend it, squeeze it, juice it right before your eyes. And a cup only costs 50 cents. I´ll be back for more!


Ana and Jon had two girls staying with them for a few days. The six of us went out to dinner, they also went with is to the Mitad del Mundo.. At dinner, Jesse bought us all flowers. What a romantic!!


Brian Happ, we totally chose Pepsi over Coke. You know I realized I really do like it better. Jesse went for the big bottle, it was only 10 cents more (total of 62 cents). He couldn´t resist.


Okay, this picture looks really random, but there is a point I promise. This is a piture of Jesse´s forearm with two stamps on it. On Wednesday we went to the women´s prison here in Quito. You had to get your forearm stamped upon enty. We were gonna take pitures of both of our arms, but I forgot and washed it off, woops. Cameras weren´t alowed in so this is the only proof we have. . .
So the prison experience was pretty neat. There were many Ecuadorian women there but also a few English speaking ones too. I guess about a month ago there were alot more foreigners but the Presedent here recently passed a law that said if you were caught with under 2 kg of drugs and you had served half of your sentence you were free to go (or something like that). One of the girls we taked to was leaving that night for home (Germany) another was leaving in a week (home to Italy). The other english speaking girl that we talked the most with was from South Africa and had been there a year, but had not been actually sentanced yet, so she doesn´t know how long she´ll be there. Oh, her Mom is there with her too. It sounded like most of the women, especially the foreigners, were convicted for drug trafficing.
So this one girl from South Africa that we talked to the most told us that she had just recently become a Christian. She said that some missionaries had come to the prison not long ago and told her about Jesus. I wasn´t sure if she knew really what Christianity and Jesus were all about, but we didn´t have long to talk. If you think of her please pray for her to really know the love and freedom that comes with being a child of Jesus. Jesse and I are thinking about visitying again next Wednesday. Maybe we can talk with her more then. (Wednesdays are visiting days).

Okay well that´s all for now, more to come soon.

2 comments:

The Happs said...

Hey,
I thought I would leave a comment because you said my name. I wish Pepsi was 62 cents in the U.S. By the way, Happy birthday Jesse!!! I have been looking at all the cool things you have been doing and I think I want to be there for my next birthday. Live it up and enjoy it! Keep up the pictures I love them.
Brian

Anonymous said...

Thank you for showing me the juice in that big thing! It was cool!

Love, Brooke